Where do you build ?
Our head office and showroom is based in North Lakes, Brisbane (41 Flinders Parade). However, we build homes anywhere between Coomera (North of Gold Coast) and Noosa (Sunshine Coast). If you are unsure please ask your sales consultant.
Does Homes by CMA have standard plans I can chose from?
Yes we do ! We currently have 51 single storey plans and 16 double storey plans and many facades to choose from. Our most popular single storey homes are the iEndeavour and the Hamilton V2. Our most popular double storey home is The Jersey !
Does Homes by CMA do custom homes?
Yes, custom homes are one of our specialties. We have an experienced in-house drafting team that draws all our plan from Concept to Construction. The best part: it doesn’t cost any more. Bring a sketch, bring your own plan, or simply modify one of our standard plans !
Does Homes by CMA offer “house only” if I want to do my own driveway and landscaping for example?
Yes, if you wish to do your own landscaping, driveway, fencing etc we are more than happy to take that off the price and save you money. We are very flexible so if there is something you want or don’t want included please let us know.
Are you experienced at building homes?
We have built over 800 homes. Unlike most Builders, which are more like sales companies, CMA is made of real passionate home builders. On top of that we have:
- 1 experienced Construction Manager
- 6 Site Supervisors
- Engineers inspections
- Private certifier inspections
- Third party frame quality control
- A great customer service & admin team
- 1 Interior Designer
When do I have to make payments?
All the payments are standard as per HIA QC1 Contract. They are as followed:
- Deposit 5%
- Base 15%
- Frame 20%
- Enclosed 25%
- Fixing 20%
- Practical Completion 15%
It is always good to keep in mind that you do not pay for a stage until it is completed. So for example, you only have to pay for the “Base Stage” once the concrete slab is completed. Giving you peace of mind.
Why are soil test and contour survey important?
We pride ourselves in giving all our customers a FIXED PRICE CONTRACT. In order to do that we need to carry out a Soil Test and a Contour Survey:
- The Soil Test will reveal the classification of the soil and if piering is required. This is where a lot of Builders will charge exorbitant amounts because they start off with a basic S Class Soil Test. We charge what is fair and we always explain to our clients what is included in the cost.
- The Contour Survey will reveal the slope of the block and therefore if any retaining wall and/or piering is required. We always aim to provide our customers with the most cost efficient option.
Can I visit my home under construction?
Of course you can ! The only requirement is for a HOMES by CMA’s representative to be present due to WH&S strict regulations.